Malady



Malady


When you’re the bait, the prey,

God’s sacrifice for all grievances

Explicit victim of all vices

And hurt over and over.

Sometimes everything feels unreal

Like a dead person with lost senses yet very much alive

Dying to feel, wrap around every emotion

Every memory, every touch, every notion -

But it was all blood and flesh.

It hit, like thunder

Back again, where I was

Hands shackled, deep down in the dark

 Praying a key would fall, the sky would rip apart,

And I would get rid of the thorns binding my heart.

I was a rescued corpse

And soon was fed the elixir

The thorns fell apart, and a void overflowed.

Sweet poison

Deadlier

Better were the shackles,

Restrained with thorns,

Longing and grieving.

I fear myself

What if I’m addicted to pain?

To wounds and soreness,

To the nightmares and mess,

To the emptiness and the burning aches of the heart?

 


Riddhi Chakraborty

Comments

  1. This is so beautiful…keep writing ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extraordinary! This was so touching Riddhi. I am amazed, you are really a great poet indeed resonating with the reader's feelings.
    I love you keep up the great work..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts