Whelved Cores

 


Whelved Cores


I hailed at the sky,

All black and gray and blue,

Tattered clouds with a guilty hue.

The lusty sea that enticed my soul,

The wilderness that stabbed me alone,

The thorns pricking my bones;

I wished... I wished to be seized by the waves -

And drifted away to the lands of wonder.

My heart commanded, yearning in vain,

Ebullient, relentless, dynamic crave!

Just for once — to roar your name,

Just for once...to inhale your scent,

Just for once to hold you close,

And just forever engulf your pain.

The thirst, the dearth, the beauty -

You promised to sail along forever,

You promised to cherish every dream

And pray to the stars.

 Yet, I am sailing alone,

The waves caressing me, the stars forming my crown.

You carved yourself into my flesh and blood...

Left every ounce of breath unheard.

However crowded the boat is,

A part will always be reserved for you!

I could write a hundred poems,

Still, you would never infer.

I hate you so deeply,

I hate you so sweetly.

Riddhi Chakraborty


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts