Until Forever Dies?

Being a fan of the shadowhunter chronicles, i wrote a poem about two shadowhunters (people who hunt demons) meeting after a long time.





Until Forever Dies?

Trudging down the lane, I glanced at the sky,

Clustered clouds banged and roared.

The Sky is abraded, rising from the ashes -

Veiled in honor of the darkest grey.

Shedding drops are as gentle as the wind,

Whirling my lashes, bleeding my trash,

Pounding deep daily...

Running through my veins is the blood,

That laved weapons, squashed venoms,

It rained down like a fever.

The sharp mark beneath the sleeve,

The abysmal bruise I had to weave.

Lightning flashed -

A black coat crossed the street,

Those charcoal eyes beamed at me.

Lost waves paved a way...

Winds paced up,

Condensing the tenacious bridge of glare.

We were transported to the season of lies -

The Golden sun caressing the sky,

Moon bathing silver cradled by the sea.

We fell forever,

With the cry of wolves, whispering waves,

Thorns of roses and tapering blades!

The bridge collapsed, the sea vanished,

We were standing inches apart,

His breath blew my hair away

He still wore the serpent chain.

I could see the mark on his wrist,

We fought together and prevailed together.

Together? World of lies!

I stepped forward, walked past him,

Our coats brushed, bones sparked,

He paced, his coat flying behind

I glanced up, the rain deepened,

Prickled my spine,

Darkness fell.


- Riddhi Chakraborty 

Comments

Popular Posts